Most home break-ins are not through a busted down door or broken window. The most common way for a burglar to enter your home is through an unlocked door or window. Your best protection from home theft is to simply deter burglars from entering your home. These tips will help keep you and your family safe:
- Lock all doors and windows, including your garage door. You should get in the habit of locking everything whenever you leave your home and when you retire for the night.
- All doors leading to the outside should have a dead-bolt lock.
- Install peepholes in your doors leading to the outside.
- Keep trees and bushes around your doors and windows trimmed.
- Make sure you have good lighting on the outside of your home. Replace burned out bulbs promptly.
- Get to know your neighbors. Start a neighborhood watch group to increase security in your neighborhood.
Article provided by Bluegreen Carpet and Tile Cleaning in Madison