- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rum (optional)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- In a heavy saucepan, combine eggs, white sugar, and salt; gradually stir in milk. Stirring constantly, cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat, until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Place saucepan over ice water until custard cools, and then refrigerate until chilled.
- In a chilled bowl, combine heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in rum and yellow food coloring. Fold whipped cream mixture into the cooled custard. Pour into serving bowl, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately.
recipe courtesy allrecipes.com
Article provided by Bluegreen Carpet & Tile Cleaning in Waukesha