- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine the brown rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the garlic in the butter and oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and lemon juice; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring regularly, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley over the shrimp and cook another 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch to the liquid and stir until it thickens, about 1 minute more. Serve hot over the brown rice.
recipe courtesy allrecipes.com
Article provided by Bluegreen Carpet & Tile Cleaning in Menomonee Falls